Sunday, September 25, 2011

Halloween at Danvers State...

My home sweet home...

Ever heard of the Danvers State Insane Asylum?  Yeah, I live there.  Well, not there, but the newly-built apartments from Avalon Communities. Living at a former mental hospital which is notorious for being haunted by the spirits who were tortured and even passed here was not my idea of a perfect first apartment.  However, I have to admit that the community is pretty amazing!  It is nicely landscaped, has great service, includes a fitness center (which needless to say I don't use), has a beautiful pool, hosts several community events throughout the year and so much more.  I do enjoy living in this world-known location, and if you're wondering, no, I haven't had an encounter with any ghosts. 

Considering movies and television shows like Session 9 and Ghost Hunters have filmed here, there is no doubt that the eerie main builing and the grave yard would make a perfect setting for entertainment purposes.  People of all ages have come to Danvers State to see if they can catch a glimpse of a spirit, and in many cases, people have "seen" things (kind of funny considering I've LIVED here 24/7 for nearly 7 months haven't heard a peep).  Therefore, with all the hype of haunted happenings in the vicinity of Danvers State, there is no doubt that Halloween is sure to be a prime time for spectators. 

With Halloween being a month or so away, I am anticipating crowds of people checking out the grave yard and driving through the complex to get a glimpse of ghosts, or better yet, the crazy people who actually pay money to live here.



1 comment:

  1. I have quite a history with that place. Used to break into it quite often when I was in high school - we'd have to sneak past a guard, climb through an old rectory window, walk down a steel, spiral staircase to the basement, and eventually make our way through the tunnels that are so infamous in the excellent "Session 9" film. Always a wonderfully scary time. No number of flashlights could make you feel safe in that place. Then, when it was renovated into the Avalon apartments, I moved a few people in - used to work for Trowt Movers out of Beverly; that is until I decided to use my college degree.

    ReplyDelete