Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chili Cookoff!

Wow, it's been a few days since I've updated.  I have been swamped with correcting papers, writing my own papers, finding articles and so on. As much as I hate being overwhelmed with work, I must say that the days and weeks go by considerably faster when I am preoccupied with getting things done!

So this is an exciting and busy week for me!  Tomorrow at school we are having an all day retreat instead of classes. I honestly am lost as to what exactly the retreat consists of, but all the other teachers are confused too so I don't feel as bad. Apparently I was assigned to be a leader?  I do not know what I am leading exactly, but I am sure you'll read more about my leadership as the week continues.  When the week ends, I will be in Maine!!!  I am going up Friday-Sunday and I am beyond excited. I have already made reservations to take a haunted ghost tour and to visit the Pumpkin Festival.  My fiance and I prefer going to Maine during this time of year instead of the local Topsfield Fair. Yes, we pay for the room, gas, food, etc., but I swear that all comes out to be as much as 5 hours of the fair costs. It's INSANE how much the Topsfield Fair costs now!! My niece went last night with a group of friends and apparently 51 ride tickets cost $38.  $38!? In other words, $38 for rides, $10 for parking, $12 to get in....that's 60 bucks just for one person without playing games or eating! Insane.

I went to the Chili Cookoff in Manchester today with my niece and brother.  I wasn't suppose to go considering I have a ridiculous amount of work to do, but being the procrastinator that I am, I went anyways.  It was delicious, and very filling. I swear I had the equivalent of ten cups of chili.  It's amazing how one type of food can be prepared so differently.  I liked the smokey one, my niece liked the green one, my brother liked the spicy one.  It goes to show that everyone has such different tastes! I am seriously considering entering next year...that is until it slips my mind :-).

I am off to do laundry, make lunches for tomorrow, correct, write...sleep maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment