Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend News

Sundays come far too quickly. We wait & wait for the weekend to arrive and it's done within the blink of an eye!

Nothing too exciting or entertaining happened to me this weekend (but what's new?). On Friday I went to my parents' house and just hung out. It felt good to relax and unwind, but the overwhelming amount of school and work responsibilities I had to do was in the back of my mind!  While I was relaxing, all I could think about was the 100+ papers I had to correct, the discussions I had to respond to and the chapters I had to read.  But, being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't do an ounce of work or school material on Friday - or Saturday.  Instead, I spent Saturday having lunch and catching up with my college roommate, Meghan. Meghan is one of my closest friends but unfortunately lives about an hour away.  We met up for lunch at a half-way point and spent a few hours talking about what we've been up to, what's new and how are lives are post-undergrad. After Meghan and I parted, my fiance, brother and I attempted to checkout Oktoberfest in a nearby town.  It was fortunately sold out!! I say fortunately because I am not a beer drinker, and I wasn't really in the mood to spend $20 "just because".  Instead, we went to grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant and now I have a new favorite food, fried pickles! :) As usual, today, Sunday, was my stay-in-pajamas and be lazy day.  While I did do work and got my 100+ corrected (thanks to the help of my niece), I pretty much just lounged around.

I want there to be a weekend where something fun actually happens! Maybe next weekend I'll win the lottery or a mystery vacation! Wishful thinking....


Happy almost Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment